Fair Processing Notice for Emergency Contacts
At Macildowie Associates Ltd, our parent and subsidiary companies, we respect your personal data.
This Fair Processing Notice explains how we will use your personal data when your data has been given to us as an emergency contact.
Our contact details
We have offices in Nottingham and Leicester.
3 Merus Court
Meridian Business Park
Our Data Protection Consultant is Kristy Gouldsmith, and the email address to contact her is
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data?
When a new employee starts with Macildowie Associates Ltd or a new candidate registers with us, we ask them to provide the contact details of an emergency contact for use only in an emergency.
We ask our new candidates for the contact’s name and contact numbers.
We ask our employees for the contact’s names, contact numbers, and relationships with the employee.
Once returned to us, this information is kept digitally on our system.
For our employees, the data is also entered into our master spreadsheet and used if there is ever an emergency.
We do not process any Special Category data.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We need a legal basis in order to process your personal data. We process all the data above as we have a legitimate interest; therefore, our legal basis is “Legitimate Interest”.
You have the right to object to our processing of your data using legitimate interest. Please speak to us if you have any concerns.
Do we use any automated decision-making?
We do not use any automated decision-making.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not share your personal data with any third party other than a public body in case of emergency. For example, we may pass your personal data to a member of the hospital staff or the police staff if required in the best interests of our employees.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the UK?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will hold your data for the length of the employee’s employment or the length of the assignment on which they are currently contracted. For more information, please see a separate Candidates FPN. After this time, records will be deleted.
Your rights as a data subject
The GDPR gives you rights as a data subject. You have:
- The right to request from us access to your personal data;
- The right to request from us the rectification of your personal data;
- The right to request from us the erasure of your personal data;
- The right to request from us restriction of processing your personal data;
- The right to object to our processing of your personal data;
- The right of data portability;
- If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do so, please get in touch with
- You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that we have been unable to resolve your query.
You can find more information on your rights in Chapter 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation.